SALIDA SANITARY DISTRICT
Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors
August 10, 2017
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Salida Sanitary District was called to order by President Gary Horton at 6:00 p.m. in the Salida Sanitary District Boardroom. Other Directors present were Gary Dew, Lana Moore, Donna Murphy, and Brad Johnson. Others present were Attorney Stewart W. James, and Secretary Linda Walker. District Manager/Engineer Michael B. Gilton was not present.
President Horton opened the scheduled public hearing at 6:05 p.m. to consider the District sewer service charge report for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2018. There were no protests or comments from any person present, and the public hearing was closed. A motion was made by Director Murphy, seconded by Director Moore, and on vote unanimously carried to adopt Resolution No. 1660, “Resolution Ordering the Levy And Collection Of Sewer Service Charges Within the Salida Sanitary District.”
Members of the public were invited to address the Board but no comments were made.
The minutes of the regular meeting held July 13, 2017 were approved as submitted.
Bills of the District totaling $162,333.39 were presented for payment. A motion was made by Director Dew, seconded by Director Moore, and on vote unanimously carried to adopt Resolution No. 1661, “Resolution Authorizing Payment of Bills.”
Linda Walker presented District Manager Gilton’s report in his absence. The report consisted of the following items:
1. The District construction standards and specifications are in final draft and the Board will be provided a copy at the September meeting.
2. The problems with the new SCADA computers are going to be resolved by the end of this month.
3. Continuing with an aquatic plant maintenance routine for the lower ponds.
4. I am on a Mission trip to Austria August 9 to August 23.
5. Confined space training planned for early next month.
6. Completed training and fit tests for District SCBA equipment.
7. I will make arrangements for fall protection training.
8. Providing ABM information as required, they are looking for 4.5 acres to place solar panels.
9. Power consumption continues to be less than last year.
10. Painters will start late this month and finish by next meeting.
11. Blower manufacturer representative here for three days to perform routine blower maintenance.
President Horton reported there was no J.P.A. meeting since our last meeting.
Attorney Stewart James reported the District will be changing to even election years. The Stanislaus County Elections Office will be drafting a blanket resolution the District can use to make the election year change. When a draft of the resolution becomes available, Attorney James will bring it to the Board for approval.
A motion was made by Director Moore, and seconded by Director Murphy to approve a 3.5% cost of living wage increase, based on the consumer price index, San Francisco area June 2017, for all full time employees effective September 1, 2017. The motion on vote, unanimously carried.
A motion was made by Director Johnson to adopt Ordinance No. 2017-1, “Ordinance Revising District’s Facility Fees.” The motion was seconded by Director Dew, and on vote unanimously carried.
As there was no further business, the meeting was adjourned.
President of the Board