SALIDA SANITARY DISTRICT
Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors
February 8, 2018
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Salida Sanitary District was called to order by President Gary Horton at 6:00 p.m. in the Salida Sanitary District Boardroom. Other Directors present were Gary Dew, Lana Moore, Donna Murphy, and Brad Johnson. Others present were Attorney Stewart W. James, District Manager/Engineer Michael Gilton, and Secretary Linda Walker.
Members of the public were invited to address the Board, but no comments were made.
The minutes of the regular meeting held January 11, 2018 were unanimously approved as submitted.
Bills of the District totaling $228,318.32 were presented for payment. A motion was made by Director Johnson, seconded by Director Dew, and on vote unanimously carried to adopt Resolution No. 1670, “Resolution Authorizing Payment of Bills.”
Manager Gilton’s report consisted of the following items:
1. The District Manager will be attending a mandatory Ag Coalition meeting, Tuesday February 20, 2018 in Merced
2. The District continues with an aquatic plant maintenance routine for the lower ponds.
3. The District Manager is considering removing our brochures from the library.
4. A programmer from Neuros was on site to clean up some programming problems with the blowers.
5. CPR/Frist Aid training from the Red Cross will be held on February 27th.
6. A new contract with California State University Stanislaus, will be on next month’s agenda.
Attorney James reported that due to a discussion with Manager Gilton regarding the new California cannabis laws, he reviewed the District’s drug and alcohol policy and deemed it to be still valid.
A motion was made by Director Murphy, authorizing the District Manager to send a letter to the California Energy Commission stating that the District is not interested in pursuing its energy conversation loan (solar system) application at this time. The motion was seconded by Director Moore, and on vote unanimously carried.
A motion was made by Director Dew, authorizing a refund of sewer service charges to two property owners Charles Macawile and Leonardo Lopez. The reason for the refunds is that the properties are not currently using the sewer system. The motion was seconded by Director Murphy, and on vote unanimously carried.
As there was no further business, the meeting was adjourned.
President of the Board